Personal Support Worker Program
— Includes Health & Education pre-requisite program —
(Program offered at St Ann in Niagara Falls, St Thomas in St. Catharines and Father Fogarty in Welland.)
A Personal Support Worker (PSW) is a Canadian health worker that provides care to those that are not fully able to care for themselves. This includes seniors, individuals with physical or mental disabilities, amongst others. Earn your PSW Certificate in 10 months and be part of a rewarding career in Long-Term Care Facilities, Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Home Care Agencies and Child & Youth Residences.
The program provides students with the academic background, theory and practical training necessary to become a qualified PSW.
- Earn up to 10 Ontario Secondary School Credits when combined with credits earned from the prerequisite Health and Education Services Program
- Graduates receive their PSW pin from the Ontario Long Term Care Association
- 90% of our graduates are employed in the Niagara Region with a wage ranging from $12.00 – $19.00 per hour.
September 2014 – January 2015
February 2015 – June 2015
Synopsis of Health & Education Program
- PPZ30H – Health for Life
- TOJ4CH – Child Care & Gerontology
- SBI3CH – Biology
- EBT40H – Medical TerminologySynopsis of Personal Support Worker Program
- TPJ3CP – Gr. 11 Health Care
- TPJ4CP – Gr. 12 Health Care (2 credits)
- TPJ3CC – Health Care Clinical Co-op (2 credits)
- TPJ4CC – Health Care Community Co-op